These are the things I want to remember.
This week I ...
smiled at the way Marty adds a little fun to everything with his adorable mis-pronunciations: fun-ected (connected), fun-ola bar (granola bar). He also wants Paul to build him a mini seh-boo-shay (trebuchet) for his cass-o (castle) and knights.
feel badly about the fact that we aren't giving Joan a puppy right now. Her obsessive nature won't let her mind rest. Poor thing has gone to sleep despondent over the matter.
am glad Helen seems to have caught on to some math concepts that have been alluding her. Homework time commences without turmoil now that we've moved the girls desks.
have had great conversations with Paul about future plans and next steps. Everything isn't clear yet (and I'm in my processing mode) but just talking with him makes me feel stronger, united, hopeful.
decided my Dad's Irish tweed hat is perfectly charming on Marty's head. It shall be his.
can't stop listening to The Cinematic Orchestra's 'To Build a Home'
- have been feeling super energetic and believe it's a result of all the white stuff I'm NOT eating.
- was so excited to recieve a package of gorgeous fibers from a generous and creative soul. Thank you Amy!
- bought a copy of fresh flavor fast - (I'm sure it's probably comprised of features from back issues of the magazine, but I don't have those issues)
- served dinners and cleared away the mess an hour earlier, which is making the evening bedtime routines (and personal adult time) far more enjoyable.
- noticed a growing desire to get a navy coat; either like this, or this (or both)
- was happy to have a beer with a long lost friend
- made plans for St. Patrick's day :)
Tonight I'm making a loaves-and-fishes-themed dinner in honor of the Lenten season.
Happy weekend friends.